HAPPY NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY!
Source: Wall Flower Kitchen
These pancakes are:
- Tested and approved gluten-free version (simply sub gluten-free flour mix)
- Refined sugar-free
- Soy-free and nut-free (use coconut milk or other suitable dairy-free milk)
- Kid-approved (thank you to Kimberly’s son for being our expert taste-tester)
- Easy to make and ready in minutes!
PREP TIME: 4 mins
COOK TIME: 6 mins
TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
Light, fluffy and delicious pancakes that are 100% vegan! These are flavoured with cinnamon and orange then topped with fresh figs and date syrup.
- ¾ cup white spelt flour (or plain white flour)*
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- (Optional flavourings) ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, ⅛ tsp ground cardamom and zest of 1 orange
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil (or other mild flavoured oil)
- Syrup (we used date syrup but maple syrup would be delicious too)
- Fresh fruit (we used figs)
- Heat a dry frying pan on a low heat. A small non-stick works best but use your first try to assess if you need to add a small amount of oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the wet ingredients until well combined and the texture is runny but thick.
- Ladle approximately ¼ cup of the batter onto the dry pan and cook for 20-30 seconds before carefully flipping onto the other side. Cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve and enjoy!